Sarah’s solo surprise run on a very hilly and muddy flat course!

Sarah’s solo surprise run on a very hilly and muddy flat course!

Report by Don Hale.

donhaleblog.blogspot.com/2026

 

NWRRC endurance athlete Sarah Ferguson Hudson went solo on Sunday and competed in the Bromsberrow Speed Runway 10k, this time without her husband Ben, and thought it was going to be an easy and flattish type run…but how wrong was she!


After her race she explained: “Oh, my word. I should really read more carefully what I sign myself up to…   I thought it was a flat road race, and not 10k of hills, mud, fields, traps, and more. I was back in Gloucestershire where I grew up, and catching up with school friends.”


*Despite all her challenges, Sarah (*pictured right) ran well and she finished 50th overall out of 159 entrants and the 16th female in 58.07.


www.coastandcountry.blog

Comments

Most recent posts

Local athletes shine at the Bangor 10k and half-marathon races.

North Wales parkrunners celebrated 22 years of UK events

Bright and breezy at the popular RNLI 5k race on Llandudno prom.

Spectacular 5k fundraising race on the prom for the RNLI.

Join the Penrhyn Castle Dark Run – Light Up the Night for Hope House Children’s Hospices! October 17th 2026.

Tom Owen and Son is a highly successful and long-established funeral business with amazing links to the Enigma Code and the stars of Coronation Street.

Welsh Masters Indoor Championship results from Cardiff - and news about Newport Harriers athletes.

Start of the Urban Night Races in Llandudno.

Stiff competition as youngsters battled the buggy! North Wales Parkrun Results: