Josie’s 200-mile challenge for St David’s Hospice

Report by Don Hale

Conwy endurance runner, Josie Davies finally completed her gruelling virtual Everest 135-mile ‘Ultra-Everest’ challenge, and trebled her fundraising target for St David's Hospice.


                                                                 Josie Davies


A delighted Josie said: ‘I just can’t thank everybody enough for all the generosity and overwhelming support I have received whilst completing this challenge to raise funds for St David’s Hospice. 

‘As I completed the 135-miles quicker than expected, I decided to continue and see how many miles I could actually do in the time given, and finally ran 200.52 miles. 




                                               Josie's endurance medal and fundraising certificate

‘I seriously couldn’t have done this without the support of everyone, your generous donations, the company of my special friend Gwenan Carter on some of my long runs, and my little boy Jordan, who also did his bit in keeping me company whilst chatting about Dinosaurs.

‘And not forgetting Rhian Roxburgh, and Tri-Rox training, for your expertise and continuous encouragement and support in coaching me.’

Josie was later awarded the ‘Limited Edition’ Ultra-Everest 135 medal, and explained that to date she has raised over £600 for the Hospice, which trebled her initial fundraising target. https://stdavidshospice.org.uk/.../josies-everest-135.../



                                     Josie pictured trying to keep warm around the Great Orme

 

Copyright @ Don Hale

Ends.

Comments

Most recent posts

Start of the Urban Night Races in Llandudno.

Stiff competition as youngsters battled the buggy! North Wales Parkrun Results:

Local quartet ran well in the Berlin Marathon.

Bright and breezy at the popular RNLI 5k race on Llandudno prom.

North Wales parkrun results round-up from a very wet morning.

Join the Penrhyn Castle Dark Run – Light Up the Night for Hope House Children’s Hospices! October 17th 2026.

Christmas cracker at the NWRRC handicap race...plus other race results.

Proud moment for athletics coach John Hatton and a popular former midwife Sharon Buckley.

North Wales veteran athlete Steve Gardner sets the fastest 2000m steeplechase time this year!