Double trouble for Mal and chatty Sarah at Abingdon Marathon.

*Mal Preece (*pictured above) was going well until he collected a hip injury during the Abingdon Marathon.

Double trouble for Mal and Sarah at Abingdon Marathon.

Report by Don Hale. https://donhaleblog.blogspot.com

www.welshmastersathletics.co.uk

Two members of NWRRC took part in the Abingdon Marathon last weekend with Mal Preece running the full distance despite suffering a hip injury shortly after passing the half-way point, which scuppered any hopes of recording a new PB, and Sarah Ferguson Hudson, who ran the last half just to help support her friend but was later reprimanded by an official for chatting too much!

After the race, Mal confirmed: “I ran the Abingdon Marathon ran but alas no PB for me today. It was a fantastic flat course. I was on for a massive PB at halfway 3.17, but my hip gave way. I recommend this course however, for anyone chasing a new PB time.”


Sarah (*pictured right), added: “I think everyone is aware that I may talk too much, but I think I excelled myself today by being told off by a race marshal for chatting too much whilst running. I only ran the second half to keep my friend Emma Vadhesha company, as I am doing Marathon Eryri next Sat. I would definitely love to do the whole thing, and such a great atmosphere! 

Comments

Most popular posts

Great performance by Martin Green to win the Pier2Pier half-marathon...and some other excellent club results...

Mixed emotions but a great experience for athletes at the London Marathon...plus other results and updates.

Conwy parkrunners battled against Storm Kathleen.

The Green duo welcomed back at Conwy parkrun in cool, blustery but relatively dry conditions.

(UPDATE): Funeral arrangements for the former Swansea Harrier and WMAA secretary Jonathan Kersting.

Welsh Athletics teams for the forthcoming international events.

Bumper Easter turn-out at Conwy parkrun boosted by a host of visiting club and social entrants.

NWRRC quartet tackled an 8-mile challenge for the South Snowdonia Search & Rescue Team.

North Wales Road Runners travelled to various parkruns.

Unusually dry conditions at Conwy parkrun boosted the numbers and times.